State of the server?

• hello i started playing this server few days after remastered release, but it was unplayable got stuck with main quest for a bug so i couldn’t progress, also taming wasn’t really working well, pearl shop wasn’t there so i stopped right that day. i’ve read some of the threads which all of em seemed to indicate that the server ever since the update got pretty messed up. So i wanted to know if as of now the game is playable , if the rates are back to normal and if most of the game breaking bugs have been fixed so i can hop back in the game thank you.

• @Kallisto about half of them have been fixed

• @Kallisto

Needless to say, you are not going to find a lot of threads about

"oh yeay, things are fixed; thx"

compared to biased

"threads; which all of em seemed to indicate that the server ever since the update got pretty messed up"

Psychological reasons.

Pearl Shop was included by the time October hit, which also fixed the major crashing issue.

Rates have mostly stayed the same except for horse exp which has been buffed on two different occasions. The formula differs from pre-remastered and (depending on your setup) will result in slightly less exp per tick. (6k+ per tick)
    (afaik) Other rates have always been “normal”.

Most of the essential quests which were bugged have been fixed

Most character attributes have been adjusted since and mobs tweaked. With a working version of evasion being in progress and testing. PvP is flawed. Everything related to this topic can be considered experimental and is still to be changed. A major part of the complaints lie in this area and should not affect you as a new player.

Taming is wonky and susceptible to latency but mostly fails due to user-error. If you know how to tame on retail servers, it shouldn’t be too hard.

Several grinding spots are no longer EZ-mode (e.g. Aakman, Manshaum). Some got used to the previous difficulty and consider the former state “normal”.

In conclusion;
    depending on what you consider normal or sufficient the server is in a very playable state.

Edit:
    Note; posting stuff with links is hard with Akismet(dot)com telling me to stop spamming

• @46n said in State of the server?:

@Kallisto

Needless to say, you are not going to find a lot of threads about

"oh yeay, things are fixed; thx"

compared to biased

"threads; which all of em seemed to indicate that the server ever since the update got pretty messed up"

Psychological reasons.

Pearl Shop was included by the time October hit, which also fixed the major crashing issue.

Rates have mostly stayed the same except for horse exp which has been buffed on two different occasions. The formula differs from pre-remastered and (depending on your setup) will result in slightly less exp per tick. (6k+ per tick)
    (afaik) Other rates have always been “normal”.

Most of the essential quests which were bugged have been fixed

Most character attributes have been adjusted since and mobs tweaked. With a working version of evasion being in progress and testing. PvP is flawed. Everything related to this topic can be considered experimental and is still to be changed. A major part of the complaints lie in this area and should not affect you as a new player.

Taming is wonky and susceptible to latency but mostly fails due to user-error. If you know how to tame on retail servers, it shouldn’t be too hard.

Several grinding spots are no longer EZ-mode (e.g. Aakman, Manshaum). Some got used to the previous difficulty and consider the former state “normal”.

In conclusion;
    depending on what you consider normal or sufficient the server is in a very playable state.

Edit:
    Note; posting stuff with links is hard with Akismet(dot)com telling me to stop spamming

Thanks a lot that’s exactly what I wanted to know

• How is the population going though? I log in and… sadly don’t see too many people in major cities… marketplace seems kinda dry too… I’m trying to pick between coming back to this one or sticking to another one, but it just doesn’t seem like people coming back for remaster. Are there any events planned or anything to grow the community again? Bleh… :/

• @sphincter atm its on and off cuz some classes can’t grind @end game places such as akman or hystria due to dr or dp doesn’t work properly, and as a result will gets u killed even if u lure low amount of mobs. On the other hand, people say its fine and should be like that, so that’s why the server atm has low pop since we can’t grind high-end places.

• @EzaweH so hopefully it will get better once that is all fixed? idk thought they were saying for months they had plans to bring people back, personally I didn’t even know remaster was out and just came to check up on it lol…

• @sphincter it depends, I don’t see any feedback from devs regs this matter so meeh

• Community Manager

@EzaweH

We’re looking to fix the remaining prominent issues before we start rolling out the advertisements we have prepared for the project.

• @Vermillion said in State of the server?:

@EzaweH

We’re looking to fix the remaining prominent issues before we start rolling out the advertisements we have prepared for the project.

that’s awesome to hear, I’m glad there’s a plan, I’ll stick with this server then

• the only thing thats is making people play cdo is rbf right now , because grinding spots is annoying and boring with buffed mobs