Planning about releasing mid/high rate servers

• Hello there,

As an old player of ogrefest and retail BDO I have to admit I don’t have as much time today I used to have and I do not wish to invest as much of it in the game either redoing everything. When OF went down the team, which surely has been changing a lot, specified there were plans releasing servers that require less grind to get ready for PvP.
    Is that still in the roadmap or do you think it’ll split community too much, NA only, EU too?

@Vermillion I noticed the devs section in the new forum, any plan to communicate around that?

To be honest I only tried crimson when it was still in stress test mode and didn’t push further so I don’t know about differences between the current state of servers and what it was with OF, if it’s still all RNG based like retail or improved, etc.

Thanks and have a nice day.

• idk if i should be freaking out or judging this forum at the moment :/
    we dont need no gamezbd 2.0

• or just increase arhsa to 6x instead of 5.5

• I can’t believe it but I agree with Bjorn, the server rates are fine, and the people usually asking for higher rates, so they can do PvP, just quit after they get gear/a couple pens…

• @EzaweH

and fix loot scroll :pepehands:

• @BjornTheBard said in Planning about releasing mid/high rate servers:

idk if i should be freaking out or judging this forum at the moment :/
    we dont need no gamezbd 2.0

Yes, I would want to avoid this as well. One thing I liked about it though is the fact it’s grind based instead of RNG as your only option when it comes to gears.
    My title might go in the wrong direction, I don’t mind grinding levels but frustrating experience such as enchants (don’t know cron rates now) is definitely something I don’t want to go through again.
    I wouldn’t mind either grinding to make sure I get to the next enchantements even if it eventually takes longer than someone being lucky with the RNG way.

That said, I do not see any relation with the forum or you being freaked out because my point of view is no the same as yours. Plus my point does not concern the version you actually play and which I have to admit, I lack informations from since I didn’t try it out a lot.

@Veni said in Planning about releasing mid/high rate servers:

I can’t believe it but I agree with Bjorn, the server rates are fine, and the people usually asking for higher rates, so they can do PvP, just quit after they get gear/a couple pens…

Sure, if it’s really high people will just fight and server might not be as filled up if there is no sense of progression, though that could be through other mechanics.
    Again it’s not concerning the actual server so it’s not “higher”, it’s what happened with the statement there would be other servers for people looking for alternative progression.
    Everything else should be suggestions regarding current servers I guess and I assume you have plenty of good ones.

Have a nice day.

• It’s already too easy to get geared, a high rate server would kill both servers.

• @Ikaruga im not freaking out im just spatting facts like if you bust more rates everyone will be running full caphras pen’s which would lead to be gamezbd 2.0, the current rates are fine to be realistic like you dont even need to play all day you can play 1-2 hours maybe 3 per day you will get there its resident sleeper anyway,on top of that this is THE closest thing you can find thats similiar to retail but not p2w.

• @BjornTheBard Thanks for your input, I might give it a go when I have some spare time.

I remember the old version being time consuming because the gear enchant was purely based on how many boss you could chain in one day, it was NA only and they started to spawn really late if you live in europe making it almost impossible to do anything but on weekends, thus taking a huge amount of time on those days.
    If it’s still working the same at least EU servers should help with that issue as it might be smoother.

I am still not confident with the fact the base enchant system is a frustrating experience, designed to make players buy more artisans in retail. I don’t say it should be done like other private servers but a way to not rely on RNG only was already discussed at that time, that’s also when they introduced some guaranted drop system on gear boxes if you were unlucky to get one after a while.

Anyway more details on what devs are planning would still be great as they also threw ideas around of having multiple servers with different settings.

• well, I guess most poeple are lucky… for me it is always the opposite can’t get shit and can’t get tet F I guess I just had to work more harder and quit the game in the end fking game

• Hey there, @Ikaruga

As an old player of ogrefest and retail BDO I have to admit I don’t have as much time today I used to have and I do not wish to invest as much of it in the game either redoing everything. When OF went down the team, which surely has been changing a lot, specified there were plans releasing servers that require less grind to get ready for PvP.
    Is that still in the roadmap or do you think it’ll split community too much, NA only, EU too?

You’re actually in luck- Crimson’s current servers have 5x the rates of retail, which means that the mid-rate servers have always existed. When it comes to their roadmap, it’s only the high-rate server that has been discussed as part of their plans for other servers.

I don’t mind grinding levels but frustrating experience such as enchants (don’t know cron rates now) is definitely something I don’t want to go through again.

I am still not confident with the fact the base enchant system is a frustrating experience, designed to make players buy more artisans in retail. I don’t say it should be done like other private servers but a way to not rely on RNG only was already discussed at that time, that’s also when they introduced some guaranted drop system on gear boxes if you were unlucky to get one after a while.
    Anyway more details on what devs are planning would still be great as they also threw ideas around of having multiple servers with different settings.

Crimson has made a couple of changes to make the game less frustrating in this regard. Like you mentioned, they’ve added bad luck protection to guarantee drops after a certain point. They’ve also:

1. Increased the chances of success on enhancements
    2. Added ways for you to earn pearls by playing the game (which allows you to buy artisans)
    3. Added hards and sharps to the loot table for world bosses

You can read about all of these changes on their newsletters.
    If you’re the type of player that prefers to buy gear off of the marketplace to progress, you’ll also be happy to find out that that retail has recently revamped the old marketplace into the central market. The most notable improvement of the central market is how they’ve completely replaced the bidding system with a preorder system. Basically, you don’t have to give yourself a headache camping the marketplace anymore- all you need to do is make a deposit and wait. The CM isn’t live for Crimson right now, but will be once they update the game.

@Ricoro said

It’s already too easy to get geared, a high rate server would kill both servers.

That’s not how it works.

Since the idea of ‘splitting the playerbase’ is thrown around a couple times in this thread, I’m going to take the chance to talk about it for a bit. The players who prefer high-rate will play on high-rate, and the players who prefer mid-rate will stick with mid-rate. The issues that people have with splitting the playerbase have always been blown out of proportion. Realistically, you’re never going to be able to tell a difference in the population of a server except in extreme cases. You could be the only person doing scrolls in Kamasylvia and you still wouldn’t be any wiser.

The only time when splitting a playerbase has meaningful impact on the game is when there are queueing mechanisms involved. For example, if you introduced a new game mode to League of Legends, you would find that the queue times for other game modes would increase, because having less players makes it harder for matchmaking to match teams. Black Desert has nothing like that, except for RBF. But you certainly wouldn’t argue that other servers shouldn’t exist because of ‘think of the pvp players!!’ would you?

From the standpoint of the people running the game, you would love to have a high-rate server because it draws in another pool of players who are interested in a specific playstyle. Overall, this means that more players will be playing your game and more people will be donating to you.

• Thanks @Shirosaki for the in-depth answer, that comforts me the new version has been going in a direction that could motivate me to start all over again and your explanations might be of help for those in need of such informations too.

I didn’t know about retail upcoming changes but it’s interesting I’ll check it and I guess I am in for some changelogs reading as well.

1. Added ways for you to earn pearls by playing the game (which allows you to buy artisans)

I have seen that in the newsletters I have been following from afar.
    I remember it being a long debate, old system was relying only on AFK which is not really interesting and didn’t reward people playing, just hope they found a good balance as it seems it’s been tuned up few times already.

Old version gave you starters through achievements rewards like pets so you could get some help when leveling already but it’s been removed to prevent abuse, I assume it’s still the case.

1. Added hards and sharps to the loot table for world bosses

They did already drop them, hence my “how many boss you could chain in one day”, which was the best way to go unless you are a good lifeskiller, also why I am glad they considered EU servers for timezones.

See ya around.

• @EzaweH :(

• @Drama love is pure my dear :(

• @EzaweH

im pure as well :(

• @shugi me in smurf’s discord wen wana say hi to the cuties :(

• i’m purer than u @shugi

• crescents

• @Drama ofc u are
    i lied
    im tainted af

• invite @EzaweH to discord when @shugi