Launcher Issue

• Hi, I’m having issues with the launcher for the first time. Earlier today was fine.

Launcher: Live
    Restarting system/launcher didn’t help.
    Launcher is run as admin.

Popup in launcher says upon attempting to launch the game:
    “Game Starter: Failed to start the game! Error: Could not find client executable. Please repair your client.”

I am then promted to reload the launcher. Choosing to “repair client” will download to 156.0 MB / 224.7 MB (69.41%) and then stop. A red triangle is displayed to the left of the pause button which, on hover, says:
    “client file_open (C:\Program Files\Crimson Desert Online Remastered\resources\client\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe) error: Access is denied”

Steps to reproduce:

• Open launcher
    • Login
    • Click start
    • Popup prompts to reload launcher
    • Click OK
    • Launcher reloads itself
    • Login
    • Click repair client
    • Files are checked
    • 224.7 MB are queued to download
    • Stops at 156.0 MB
    • Red triangle is displayed to the left of pause button
    • Error message

• If you can, do install the game on other disk than C or at least not in program files. This issue might just be windows fuckery.

• Thanks for your reply. How can I do that without downloading everything again? My connection is very slow and the whole 40GB of CDO take about 16 h to download which I would like to avoid.

• @Drakooz for me works download new client and restart pc

• Just move the whole ‘Crimson Desert Online Remastered’ folder and it should do the trick I think, you can always move it back if necessary.

• Community Manager

@Drakooz said in Launcher Issue:

Hi, I’m having issues with the launcher for the first time. Earlier today was fine.

Launcher: Live
    Restarting system/launcher didn’t help.
    Launcher is run as admin.

Popup in launcher says upon attempting to launch the game:
    “Game Starter: Failed to start the game! Error: Could not find client executable. Please repair your client.”

I am then promted to reload the launcher. Choosing to “repair client” will download to 156.0 MB / 224.7 MB (69.41%) and then stop. A red triangle is displayed to the left of the pause button which, on hover, says:
    “client file_open (C:\Program Files\Crimson Desert Online Remastered\resources\client\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe) error: Access is denied”

Steps to reproduce:

• Open launcher
    • Login
    • Click start
    • Popup prompts to reload launcher
    • Click OK
    • Launcher reloads itself
    • Login
    • Click repair client
    • Files are checked
    • 224.7 MB are queued to download
    • Stops at 156.0 MB
    • Red triangle is displayed to the left of pause button
    • Error message

Heya!

I would strongly recommend making sure that the Crimson Desert Launcher has been added as an exception to both the Windows Firewall, and to any possible anti-virus software you have running on your system.

If neither of those things solve your issue, I would migrate the installation folder to another directory that is not within “Program Files” by also modifying the adjacent config file located in:

%localappdata%/CrimsonDesertOnline

• Thanks for the replies! I have now moved the CDO folder outside of Program Files and changed the config file as suggested.

After running the launcher, the repair commences as usual. It downloads up until 220.5/224.7 MB (98.13%) and then stops. The warning and error message have disapperead, though.

• Update: After waiting for about one hour, the repair process finished (while I was afk). The game starts normally and works again. Thanks again for your help, this issue is resolved!