Problems with the current economy IMO and possible solutions.

• First I’d like to say that the economy is pretty much the same as pre-remastered except everything is cheaper, or more expensive, but that’s not the problem. At the current time, it seems we have a lack of raw silver. I feel like endgame-midgame spots need to be buffed to meetup with the economy’s expectation (currently there’s more items and less silver to buy them with).

How to fix

• Boost trashloot, there’s a lot of rare items dropping (Witch earrings, basi belts, tungrads… etc) But no one buys them or if they do is in low quantity. As of right now, getting money on retail is easier than getting money on here. Give us an extra 2-3 trashloot on all spots. Except for maybe early game which might just be more stuff on your inventory to discard. Less population means there’s a lack of raw silver so this is the most optimal solution.

• Make trashloot worth more for some spots (This means more contested spots). WHICH is a good thing by the way. That way it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a single player game. While you could also add more rare items on other spots, that way raw silver and rare items are divided.

• Make weapons cost a bit more when selling to vendor. Pretty straight up, no need to elaborate on this one.

I think those are some possible solutions. Upvote if you agree please.

• replying so this post doesn’t get ignored :-;

• +1 post count pog

• thats a really bad ideia imo. game will be too easy. more than actually is

• @AsyLLuM Could you add more context please? How is the game easy right now? If anything the only thing that’s easy is leveling up.

• @LunareEcho you can get geared w/o buying anything from market and do life skill w/o market .thats why ppl dont buy base itens ,when they do its for convenience. i manage to sell few boss TRI/TET gear in 1 or 2 days def silver isnt the problem. but you have a point in some spots trash/hr doesnt feel retail like ( much worse).

Sorry my english is poor, hope you understand.

• Community Manager

@LunareEcho said in Problems with the current economy IMO and possible solutions.:

First I’d like to say that the economy is pretty much the same as pre-remastered except everything is cheaper, or more expensive, but that’s not the problem. At the current time, it seems we have a lack of raw silver. I feel like endgame-midgame spots need to be buffed to meetup with the economy’s expectation (currently there’s more items and less silver to buy them with).

How to fix

• Boost trashloot, there’s a lot of rare items dropping (Witch earrings, basi belts, tungrads… etc) But no one buys them or if they do is in low quantity. As of right now, getting money on retail is easier than getting money on here. Give us an extra 2-3 trashloot on all spots. Except for maybe early game which might just be more stuff on your inventory to discard. Less population means there’s a lack of raw silver so this is the most optimal solution.

• Make trashloot worth more for some spots (This means more contested spots). WHICH is a good thing by the way. That way it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a single player game. While you could also add more rare items on other spots, that way raw silver and rare items are divided.

• Make weapons cost a bit more when selling to vendor. Pretty straight up, no need to elaborate on this one.

I think those are some possible solutions. Upvote if you agree please.

There are certainly some interesting and valid points brought up here.

Especially those related to trash loot from mobs, we’ve been looking ensuring a baseline amount of silver that can be gained at a spot when excluding the potential of rare drops. We’re not quite at a consensus yet on what the best course of action is as of writing, but you should expect to see something done in that regard in a near future!

• @AsyLLuM This applies to retail too, you can get geared without market.

• @Vermillion Thank you!! Can’t wait to see what you guys do in the future.

• @Vermillion Removing the nerf on Loot Scroll would help a lot , also the frequency of 2~3 trash loot from mobs

• In my opinion there is not much of a lack of silver, but mainly unbalanced prices.

Food, elixirs, shards are rather underpriced.
    What will you buy with more silver from trash loot if no one is selling shards and food because its so damn cheap?
    Do i smash R for 10hards and 3 sharps in one hour to seee them for 30 mils? I wouldnt, i rather keep them.

In game we drop way more rare items than we get silver to buy them. (pls dont nerf rare items xD)

• @SnowQueen more silver in the economy means things move faster. Sharps and hards are not underpriced, they were just overpriced tbh. And even then prices need to go up a bit, everything is supposed to go up with time.

• more trash loot would be nice

• from an economic standpoint increasing trashloot worth(maybe amount but that’d just require more weight) might be a good idea. The economy does not seem to have enough money atm to fuel a proper flow of silver. Currently it feels like the market is actually losing silver more than is generated through taxes etc. If there is enough money, people will be able to sell not as popular items like DP accs or well, accesories in general.

• the best solution to this is ADD THE IMPERIAL COOKING/ALCHEMY ALREADY!!! so ppl can farm their items and do some liquid cash on the side.

• CDO CM max min price dev caps.PNG

In my opinion we need a Developer intervention to return certain prices to pre remastered.

Some prices there were inflated but with a lower player count and no Imperial cooking/fishing and alchemy that small playerbase interacted with the economy with a smaller variety of total items but with items that all had a purpose in the CDO server relating to working and active game systems.

Enabling Imperial (PVE non economy interactive) activities will take trade away from the central marketplace and on a private server with a smaller playerbase we need to inject more silver into players hands and keep that marketplace moving with players themselves buying and selling and providing each other with the items they need.

I thought I wanted Imperial activities too for cooking and fishing and alchemy but to be honest the devs could simply intervene and:

1. Raise Central Market MAX and MIN prices of:
      a) cooking items/meals (Meals > MAX 500,000 - MIN 200,000) [Long Buff, effort to make]
      b) dried fish - Double/Triple MAX MIN Sale price
      c) Double/Triple the bargain bonus for trading)
      d) Potions Double/Triple sell price range
      e) shining tools (MAX 400,000 - MIN 300,000)
      f) lifeskill silver clothes (MAX 3,000,000 - MIN 2,000,000)
      g) Sharps (MAX 8,000,000 - MIN 5,000,000)
      h) Hards (MAX 6,000,000 - MIN 3,000,000)
      i) MAYBE double price/amount of trash loot
      j) MAYBE increase price of Black Armour (MAX 300,000 - MIN 150,000) and Weapon Stones ( MAX 400,000 - MIN 200,000)
      k) Increase Price of TRADE ITEMS DROPS make these worth like 25,000 - 50,000 each (eg broken golem core, silver coin etc.) This would actually encourage a bit of trade motion up and down our map, actually storing these items and then running viable trade runs with stuff other than crates.

Gathering is in a great spot and so it should be for an activity that costs energy. Other lifeskills should be much more rewarding and encourage players to actively move items on the marketplace ESPECIALLY with no Imperial activity equivalent.

I think I would prefer if I could make more money by selling on the market place
    Than using Imperial ‘insulated economy solo PVE’ methods.

To counter the increased prices of items on market the following measures could be brought in:

1. Vendor Changes:
      a) Increase sell price of most green grade armour and weapons (Vendor Sell 100,000)
      [Suddenly throwing out green gear on a grind spot actually becomes a hard choice! 10 items is a million, but no space in bag, lemme run back to town and sell that real quick…]

b) double or triple price of Fresh fish OR remove fresh countdown timer (private server feature)
    c)MAYBE add an NPC who would buy basic rare items such as seraps/sicils and some of the other unused accessories in the game to make those areas more attractive as alternative money makers

More money in the economy would lead to people actually taking the risk and buying those tri accessories and basic accessories to risk more and go for those risky enhance attempts. More money in everyone’s hands will mean more risky spending, more convenience buying of overpriced goods and more movement of items.

Many people had invested in items at a much higher price before remastered and to sell many things now would be a massive loss of money for them so many are just sitting waiting for others to make that loss instead. That might not happen or worse it may not happen for such a long time that it could affect player retention.

For this reason @Vermillion we could use an intervention on Marketplace item prices.

I think many would be happy to have the pre-remastered versions prices as a base and move on from there.

Normally I would have said that so many changes so quickly would have potential dangerous effects on the economy but since the RM version we need to do something and maybe this will help. It can’t hurt at this stage right?

If it doesn’t work roll changes back to how it is now but I have a feeling that this might just work ; )

• i think honestly theres nothing wrong with the current mp prices thats way it supposed your just crying that u cant make easy 40 million bank when u can literally sell tet gear for billions

• @Chi-Long-Qua listen to fking n1 musa <3

• @Vermillion why is eclipse still not muted on the forums

• @Chi-Long-Qua

It is possible to make billions from ehancing gear to TET to sell for profit. However in order for those items to sell players need money with which to be able to buy.

However you are focusing on an extremely small gameplay loop and cutting out so many other aspects of CDO by not addressing the current issues the Marketplace has for other players invested in different ways of making money.

These players bringing items such as food or drink buffs, tools, clothes and other items that many players use into the game and if you think there is “nothing wrong” with current marketplace prices then it may not affect you but it does affect others.

Forcing everyone into the same gameplay loop of Grinding, then enhancing to sell TET gear for profit is just one aspect of this game and it would do this server a great misjustice of not supporting the wider Lifeskills gameplay that other people play this game for.