Question regarding status of Xigncode Anti-Cheat Protection in Crimson Desert.

• Hello,

I have a friend whose been hesitant to play retail Black Desert due to the existence of the Xigncode program integrated into the game’s files, which has been criticized in the past for intrusively monitoring files and programs on your computer in its efforts to prevent suspected cheat programs from interfering with the game.

I was told by another player that Crimson Desert did not use Xigncode. I’m a bit suspicious to the claim as the research I’ve done makes it seem like its not something that could easily be separated from the game’s core files. Is there anyone here who can confirm whether or not Crimson Desert has been able to remove Xigncode from the game’s files so that I can recommend this server to my friend in good conscience?

Thank you in advance.

• @Immenoway They use a custom anti-cheat that doesn’t relate to retail’s anticheat

• Does he plan on cheating? Tell him not to cheat. He has nothing to worry about. Smh…

• Community Manager

@Immenoway said in Question regarding status of Xigncode Anti-Cheat Protection in Crimson Desert.:

Hello,

I have a friend whose been hesitant to play retail Black Desert due to the existence of the Xigncode program integrated into the game’s files, which has been criticized in the past for intrusively monitoring files and programs on your computer in its efforts to prevent suspected cheat programs from interfering with the game.

I was told by another player that Crimson Desert did not use Xigncode. I’m a bit suspicious to the claim as the research I’ve done makes it seem like its not something that could easily be separated from the game’s core files. Is there anyone here who can confirm whether or not Crimson Desert has been able to remove Xigncode from the game’s files so that I can recommend this server to my friend in good conscience?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, what @LunareEcho stated above is correct. XignCode has been removed from the client and in its place we have implemented our own in-house anti-cheat.

We do however also scan processes running on your computer in order to prevent malicious software from interfering with either the client, or the anti-cheat.
    That being said, this exchange of information exclusively happens on your computer.

The only instance in which any data is sent to us from the anti-cheat is when it either detects malicious software running on your system, or if it detects attempts made to tamper with the anti-cheat itself.

• @Vermillion
    @LunareEcho

Awesome, thank you very much. This is what I was hoping to hear. I’m hoping we can jump on and start playing with you guys soon.