and so its 5th day without pearl shop

• People are running out of pet food, everyone is using loot scrolls sparingly, archers drop off trash loot every 10min…

• Community Manager

@LifeskillGod said in and so its 5th day without pearl shop:

People are running out of pet food, everyone is using loot scrolls sparingly, archers drop off trash loot every 10min…

It’s being worked on.

As a general rule of thumb, our team does usually not work during weekends, which in extension means that development is suspended aside from emergency hotfixes and whatnot.

A new week has begun which will bring with it a ton of fixes and (most likely) the Pearl Shop as well.

• welcome to retail :) cuz why make pearl shop an emergency hotfix…it’s not like new players need pets , weight , inventory , value packs and kamasylva buffs.

• @AnriGB New players usually aren’t able to afford any of those thanks to the 0 pet start this server offers

• @Vermillion why would you bring the update on Wednesday when 2 days after that you guys have weekend ? Isn’t it so obvious that the sever was gonna be messed up and needs alot of fixes?
    Please don’t tell me that those weren’t your expectations…
    In those 8 months that you guys have delayed remastered, I could’ve went learned coding from 0 and made my own server without a single bug.

• Community Manager

@zackfair said in and so its 5th day without pearl shop:

@Vermillion why would you bring the update on Wednesday when 2 days after that you guys have weekend ? Isn’t it so obvious that the sever was gonna be messed up and needs alot of fixes?

There were several external factors which affected our decision to release on Wednesday, and we were prepared for issues appearing which was why many members of our team myself included pulled near 24 hour shifts in order to ensure that the most critical issues were resolved prior to the weekend.

Please don’t tell me that those weren’t your expectations…
    In those 8 months that you guys have delayed remastered, I could’ve went learned coding from 0 and made my own server without a single bug.

I am most impressed! If you do manage to learn how to reverse engineer enterprise grade protection applied onto already virtualized and encrypted code in addition to figuring out proprietary protection written in-house by Pearl Abyss without any documentation available alongside being able to write a multi-threaded emulator that is scalable across various hardware configurations, please let us know! We’ll hire you with a market competitive wage on the spot.

• wow you guys really dont know when to quit. be greatful you even have a server to play on, if CDO wasnt here, you would have to play on some other garbage server or game.

say thankyou for the devs for working so hard, stop being so selfish, this game isnt your life support, go and get a fucking job or go get a fucking hobby. seriously, everyone here acts like the devs owe them something and they are so entitled. You donated? thats great. doesnt excuse you from being a passive agressive pain in the ass

dont you understand how fucked this world is, let alone the gaming industry, let alone the MMORPG industry? and there is a tiny oasis of hope and happiness that is THIS SERVER, and you bring your fucking filth here. if you are uneducated you should stick to fucking lurking

• @COCKROACH a little bit bad Language in this text, BUT i agree with you 100%

Thanks again to the CDO-Team you guys are doing a great job :)

• @LifeskillGod why not just craft pet food i mean you’re a lifeskill god right?

• @zackfair Then why didn’t you do it huh. You my dude are full of shit. I’m not going to be as careful with words as Verm here is. In those 8 months all you could probably do is emulate one of the first mmo’s on single thread tops, if you were working from zero without previous experience. And that is with at least a little documentation. When it comes to bdo what you’re doing when working from scratch is basiacally guesswork.

• @Vermillion if only the staff had told me that 8 months ago, I would’ve started…
    And I doubt the competitive wage market, otherwise why would the 2 past devs leave and Hwang is working on it as a 3rd part time job.
    And the last thing, I remember too many guys have applied to help, some were even volunteers, yet either Hwang or Xena rejected them, even tho there was an announcement that the staff ate hiring devs…
    So I’d appreciate it if you answer me with facts not some 1970s table turn around where someone says why the workers aren’t doing great, they answer with ( yeah come do better and we will pay you more than any other place would).
    Once again I say it, it’s not your fault since you are not the one who is doing the inside work, but if you wanna defend them, defend them with some facts.
    I know that the server doesn’t owe me nor you guys do, but I’m not the one who was promising the community with hopes all those past months with a result that doesn’t even match 20% of the promises.

• @jerycho007 you are either one of those whiteknights who are probably applying for gm rn or a staff member that is answering with a different account.
    That’s all I can answer you with.

• @Kriezelia you can even buy it for insanely cheap from any stable… out of all the issues with the pearl shop being closed atm this one isn’t even valid

• @zackfair I get where you are coming from and you are angry…seriously I am a little sad about remastered as well.
    But with the IT stuff (well maybe not the payment) she is right.

I study IT and mathematics…I have a good knowledge of different programming languages and I have some problems when encountering a code I haven’t written and there are no comments on what each method does. I can assure you that is absolute hell and most times I really just wanna write it myself beginning from scratch.

Even working with encrypted code is really bad if you have no knowledge of how the key/ algorithm is :(

And no I am not working for them/ are of of the devs or whatever (just joined that server 2 weeks ago)…I just study IT programming and after 5 years I still have so much to learn and wouldn’t be able to fix stuff that quickly with an encrypted code I first had to translate and then work with it (I don’t know if that is the case with Pearl Abyss but some companies use different encryption method each time after patch) and then need to document everything since I would have no idea where everything is! :(

I cannot say anything about emulators since the only time I had really to work with them was when I practicially coded my own 16-Bit computer which was only able to play a black/white space invader XD -> btw that needed 6 months without any knowledge beforehand O_o

So I hope you do not be unfriendly to me now for saying all of this and maybe be a little more kind… :(

PLZ be kind guys -> english is not my main language O_o I know it’s bad :’(

• @zackfair I am simply telling you because I know a thing or two and its in my field of expertise. Developement not emulation mind you. And I don’t do java, although I was thinking I might later on. Off-topic. Anyway I am trying to educate here so people won’t say bs like you did. If you are interested however do the research yourself I am not a professor.

• @jerycho007 good boy.

• @Shikia-Caeleaum I don’t blame you because you’ve joined 2 weeks ago, but since you work with IT, tell me if I someone asked you to do a project, you agreed, and you gave him the ETA which is 2-3 months, then you screw it and yet he gives you another 2-3 months chance, you screw it once again ( by screwing I mean changing your word and give another ETA ), so this person gives you another 2-3 months chance, you finish the project, but it’s 20% of the what you had promised the person with…
    how would you expect that person to react ? like SnowQueen, make a post and say thank for your hard work ???

• As a developer, I am thankful for the team at Crimson Desert who continue to work on this thankless job of theirs.

I appreciate that i am able to relax and enjoy the world of Black Desert online without so much of the P2W, the technical undertaking of reverse engineering black desert and devising your own solutions to fill in the gaps is very impressive.

Keep up the continued good work and I look forward to the advancements and fixes as they appear.

Best Regards
    Ark

• @Arkangel said in and so its 5th day without pearl shop:

As a developer, I am thankful for the team at Crimson Desert who continue to work on this thankless job of theirs.

I appreciate that i am able to relax and enjoy the world of Black Desert online without so much of the P2W, the technical undertaking of reverse engineering black desert and devising your own solutions to fill in the gaps is very impressive.

Keep up the continued good work and I look forward to the advancements and fixes as they appear.

Best Regards
    Ark

alt text

• @Arkangel just to note
    It’s impossible for the game to have p2w when both the pearl shop and the market place aren’t available 😅