Sorceress damage is even worse than ever !

• I’ve been always complaining about the scuffed damage the class Sorceress since ever and I even submitted a report on the bug trucker when last PTR was up and you guys just said that you’ve spent the past few days trying to fix the stuff from the bug trucker and yeah what ? I just logged in to see that a 250ap ninja can 2 skills me to 0 hp while my strongest skills don’t even deal 50% of what they are supposed to deal !!! did you guys just read my ticket on the bug trucker of PTR and were like yeah w/e ??? I even talked to Xena about it on pm and I recorded a video that was sent to Hwang…
    Ninjas Katana shower with 269 can kill 4 people from 100% to 0% hp!! which is actually a buff !! while Ninja was supposed to be nerfed here!

I mean you guys messed up sooooo much here in many things in the game not mentioning the amount of time we’ve waited for remastered and yet here it comes with so many bugs…
    at least you should’ve fixed the classes because they are the main thing here in the game, no point in enjoying the game content if your class isn’t working properly!

• Community Manager

@zackfair said in Sorceress damage is even worse than ever !:

I’ve been always complaining about the scuffed damage the class Sorceress since ever and I even submitted a report on the bug trucker when last PTR was up and you guys just said that you’ve spent the past few days trying to fix the stuff from the bug trucker and hello yeah what ? I just logged in to see that a 250ap ninja can 2 skills me to 0 hp while my strongest skills don’t even deal 50% of what they are supposed to deal !!! did you guys just read my ticket on the bug trucker of PTR and were like yeah w/e ??? I even talked to Xena about it on pm and I recorded a video that was sent to Hwang…
    Ninjas Katana shower with 269 can kill 4 people from 100% to 0% hp!! which is actually a buff !! while Ninja was supposed to be nerfed here!

I mean you guys messed up sooooo much here in many things in the game not mentioning the amount of time we’ve waited for remastered and yet here it comes with so many bugs…
    at least you should’ve fixed the classes because they are the main thing here in the game, no point in enjoying the game content if your class isn’t working properly!

I understand your frustration regarding the current state of Sorceress, and I can personally assure you that your bug report was investigated, since well, I personally did it and forwarded the information to Hwang.

It is important to note that in Black Desert Online things are generally linked together, which means that a single system malfunctioning could break a wide array of different skills across varying classes. A mechanic which makes one ability deal less damage could actually make another ability deal more!

Therefore it is CRUCIAL that everything we work on is based upon raw data.

Reports stating things such as:

“Dream of Doom isnt dealing half of the dmg it’s supposed to deal… Rabams are doing even less dmg than the skills that are combined to make this Rabam!”

Are very much appreciated as they let us know that something is not working as intended, but they do not provide us with the information needed for us to go in and adjust the data and functions surrounding the skill.

Let’s use the following example:

Dream of Doom isnt dealing half of the dmg it’s supposed to deal

Alright so we are now aware that the skill at hand is not doing the damage it is supposed to, but why is this?

Is it because:

• It does not hit the correct amount of targets? (Which caps out at 10 in this case)
    • Is it due to accuracy calculations being off resulting in the “+25%” increase the skill gives not providing that increase?
    • Are the values for the hit damage incorrect? (In this case 822%)
    • Does the skill collide with the target the correct amount of times? (In this times 3x for 822% * 3)
    • Is it due to the class specific HP, DP, DHIT, DDV, DFV, HDDV, HDFV, DDD, RDD, MDD being incorrect?
    • Is it due to the targets HP, DP, DDV, DFV, HDDV, HDFV, DDD, RDD, MDD values being incorrect? (This needs to be calculated for every different kind of mob you hit, each single mob has different values.)
    • Is it due to target resistances such as; Knockback, Knockdown, Grapple, Stun, Stiffness, Bound or Horror being incorrectly calculated?
    • Is it due to the buffs & debuffs currently applied on yourself interfering with the target?
    • Is it due to the buffs & debuffs currently applied on your target interfering with your ability?
    • Has potential level differences been taken into account?
    • Has the gear of the target and yourself been taken into account?

I’m sure you get what I am trying to convey, there is an incredible amount of information that needs to be validated for each and every skill, for each and every class which is very time consuming for us to do, especially considering there are many other aspects of the game which are also in need of development.

Therefore it is crucial that as much information as possible is conveyed to us in every report, if you are familiar with your class you can save us dozens of hours of work by submitting a detailed report with as much information as possible.

A fantastic example of such a report was made by @Shirosaki who submitted an incredibly detailed and intricate bug compilation for Warriors which we went through and resolved the majority of the issues in just a couple of hours earlier today. Link to said bug report.

I understand that you feel mistreated as there are other classes currently in a better spot than your own, I really do. If we could have a dedicated developer working purely on polishing classes that would be a dream for us, but unfortunately that opportunity has yet to present itself to us.

• @Vermillion DoD was just an example of the many skills that are not even close yo what they are supposed to be, the class was scuffed since the launch of the server, and then the 1st PTR actually fixed it somehow but the 2nd PTR ruined to an even worse state than the actual last live client, and right now on the live sever I don’t see any difference from the latest PTR, maybe you read my bug trucker ticket, and passed to hwang but I’m more than sure he didn’t even bother to try to fix it, because I don’t see a single difference right, well to be fair, 1 skill was fixed to deal more dmg but the new dmg is even higher than it should!
    I’m gonna do a full test on the class and send a ticket as the warrior guy did, and I’m gonna make it as detailed as possible, but if after the ticket I won’t see any results then you guys will just prove more that you don’t give a shit about our wasted time.

• gear and level were taken into account, overall sorc damage got worse than before on some skills, on the other hand some other skills started dealing more, overall its weird :x

• I would rather stick with the old client’s Sorc than this one, even tho that the old client was scuffed compared to retail… But w/e I’m just gonna bother myself and make a detailed ticket on the bug trucker even tho I’m sure no action will be made on it from your side, because you guys broke the best record of breaking promises, nothing more expected from a staff that has a GM that says tents are P2W, on the other hand I don’t blame you Verm because as far as I know, you are just the connection between us and the people who do the bugged work on this server…

• Community Manager

@zackfair said in Sorceress damage is even worse than ever !:

I would rather stick with the old client’s Sorc than this one, even tho that the old client was scuffed compared to retail… But w/e I’m just gonna bother myself and make a detailed ticket on the bug trucker even tho I’m sure no action will be made on it from your side, because you guys broke the best record of breaking promises, nothing more expected from a staff that has a GM that says tents are P2W, on the other hand I don’t blame you Verm because as far as I know, you are just the connection between us and the people who do the bugged work on this server…

I’m thankful that you are taking your time to tailor a detailed bug report regarding Sorceress, and I can promise you that we will spend at the very least an equivalent amount of time going through and processing the bug report as you spend making it.

Our decision making process heavily relies on the amount of documentation available, if we are to choose between fixing an issue that already has been properly documented and detailed in the form of bug reports, etc, or spending several hours up to several days researching an issue to find out what’s actually wrong it it before proceeding to actually fix the issue, I am sure you can see which option we prefer.

That means that if we are delivered a detailed bug report regarding a specific bug, or in this case, several bugs, it will be prioritized above those that do not have detailed reports written about them as they will be more time consuming for us to complete even if the issue is technically simpler to implement than the well documented one.

Which in other words means that if we receive a detailed report regarding the issues currently present with Sorceress, us fixing the issues present with said class will be given priority over other classes with less detailed reports, so you will not only be doing yourself a favor, but the entire Sorceress community.

Furthermore, as previously stated we are an incredibly small team, our entire active rooster is smaller than the amount of core developers certain other projects have, which unfortunately results in us not having the luxury of haphazardly fixing bugs, but rather prioritizing those we can fix in a timely manner.

That also means that a single member of our team is never to blame for any possible mishap, if an issue presents itself we are all equally responsible to figure out a solution to said issue, and how to avoid the issue repeating itself in the future.

• i mean, ur team is so small u don’t even have time to send reject letters to applicants (cries in the corner while still w8ing for a reply regarding my QA application which was sent like a month ago :c)