PTR Feedback Thread

• Community Manager

Greetings!

The time for the opening of the Public Test Realm (PTR) is now upon us!

However, before you venture into the new content, here are a few things to keep in mind as you play;

1. First and foremost, the Public Test Realm, is just that, a test realm. It is not intended to showcase nor represent the functionality and polish which will be present on the live servers. It’s primary purpose is to allow us to find mechanics and content which is not working as intended, so that we in turn can work on fixing it prior to the push to live.
      Finding a feature working solely as intended is a bonus, not the norm.

2. To further build upon the aforementioned point, in order to ensure that the content we need testing is actually thoroughly tested, we have opted to disable the “Enhancement” system for the duration of this Public Test Realm session. This decision was based upon data collected from our previous Public Test Realm sessions whereas we have found a large amount of you preferring to test your luck on gear roulette’s rather than the intended content ;)

3. There will be a lot of elements still being present in Korean, this is due to recent changes made to the Public Test Realm which forced us to re-implement the updated translations, a process which has yet to be completed. However, there is no need to fret, this process will finish prior to the Live release.

4. The Pearl Shop (F3) is currently disabled due to additional work being done on it at the moment, it will arrive alongside the Live release.

5. Bug Reporting! We are incredibly thankful for each and every bug report sent our way, a thoroughly written and tested bug report can save us hours, or even days in some cases, of development effort! But it is important to note that the forum, nor this thread is not the place to post these reports. You are free to discuss bugs or mechanics in this thread, but the only place where they should be submitted is on our Bug Tracker!

6. We offer no guarantees regarding server stability on the Public Test Realm. Whilst we do our best to announce any potential restarts/resets beforehand related to our PTR, we do reserve ourselves the right to do such unannounced if deemed urgent enough.

7. As we are testing a brand new client, it might be prone to unforeseen issues on certain hardware configurations. If you encounter any crashes, please send us the most recent log from “resources/client/Logs” located inside the folder of your Crimson Desert Online Launcher installation folder!

8. Last but not least, have fun! There is a lot of new content to explore and we are very eager to hear what you think about what we have worked on for these past couple of months, please do discuss it in this thread though, as to avoid forum clutter!

Here are some helpful commands you can utilize on the Public Test Realm;

.qa warReady <enchant level up to 19> - Example: .qa warReady 19 will give you full TET boss gear.
    .qa behero - Gives you 3 types of Alchemy Stones and some good buffs.
    .pc heal - Restores your health.

• Devour system does not work. Literally nothing happens when trying to devour an item

• Community Manager

@H3NTAI said in PTR Feedback Thread:

Devour system does not work. Literally nothing happens when trying to devour an item

Heya! That’s considered a part of the enhancement system and has been disabled for the moment.

• @Vermillion oh ok ty. I messaged you with a couple questions regarding the system a couple days ago but it seems you might not have seen them. Could you please check them out?

• Community Manager

@H3NTAI My bad! We’ve been really busy lately, I’ll take a look at them soon.

• @Vermillion is caphras also disabled?

• Community Manager

@H3NTAI I’m not certain to be honest! We disabled the enhancement module and it’s submodules so it might have gotten caught in the midst of that. I’ll query the team about that.

• @Vermillion ok ty, well it’s not really necessary for testing anyway :P

• skills being undodgeable in pvp is still a thing btw @Hwang @Vermillion @Xena

• no item on pearl shop??
    Shai skill Hop no delay and it make shai can’t run
    and no channel?? can’t chat “Server”

If your team have time and if this still work please make translation from NA/EU/SEA using this tool so we will have a lot translated text
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4b00gb/bdo_jp_english_patch_translation/

• Community Manager

@oxsi91 said in PTR Feedback Thread:

no item on pearl shop??

Heya, this has been answered in 4. above.

Shai skill Hop no delay and it make shai can’t run

That’s weird! I haven’t encountered this myself, could you clarify a bit further what you are experiencing?

and no channel?? can’t chat “Server”

Chat is working perfectly fine, have you tried logging out and back in again?

If your team have time and if this still work please make translation from NA/EU/SEA using this tool so we will have a lot translated text

We are using an in-house tool for translations, in which we fill any gaps of non-official translations with our own, translations will arrive soon as stated in 3. ^^

Let me know if you encounter any other issues!

• Head Gamemaster

@oxsi91 Greetings! To join the game chat on PTR you should press “Enter” and type “.channel join 12” and then press “Enter” again.

• @Vermillion I use W + Shift and my char only use Hop even when it still delay
    oh I know my problem now, my char not at stand by -_-

@Xena thank you, oh it 12 not 1

• @Vermillion pinging items breaks the chat

• skills being undodgeable in pvp is still a thing btw

• Community Manager

@H3NTAI said in PTR Feedback Thread:

@Vermillion pinging items breaks the chat

@shugi said in PTR Feedback Thread:

skills being undodgeable in pvp is still a thing btw

Thank you for the information, could I ask you to submit a proper bug report for these so that they do not get buried?

• @Vermillion i mean, its been well known for ages now but sure, i can submit a bug report.

• hi sorry i am new and wanted to play archer, asking if any progress i make on my archer (exp, money etc) will be deleted or not when servers go live

• @Izayaa said in PTR Feedback Thread:

hi sorry i am new and wanted to play archer, asking if any progress i make on my archer (exp, money etc) will be deleted or not when servers go live

it will be deleted after ptr done

• Community Manager

@Izayaa said in PTR Feedback Thread:

hi sorry i am new and wanted to play archer, asking if any progress i make on my archer (exp, money etc) will be deleted or not when servers go live

Hey! What @oxsi91 stated above is correct, no progress made on the PTR will be carried over to the Live release.