Release now!

• @Vermillion
    “We would love to hear your thoughts regarding these upcoming changes, so do not hesitate in creating topics related to the matter if you have any questions or thoughts regarding it!”

I doubt that the server will ever be 100% ready, so I propose to release the remaster live on the day you want to release PTR. We’ve been waiting and working for a long time, we don’t need another 2-3 weeks promises. I imagine the server client is not full ready yet but it won’t take long on an open server to live.

There is a poll to see what community want :)
    https://www.strawpoll.me/18542928

• at this point we lit lived with all the bugs since the begining if we have to live with more but we have content and class fixes people wouldnt care at all

• me aswell dont wannt to wait more 3 weeks, im shure i will not go on the PTR server coz i just dont wannt to test the things i allrady know

• @ToX0 exactly testing stuff we arleady know its gonna be there

• while I agree at the same time keeping PTR up for a couple days just to see if there are any gamebreaking bugs still out there does make sense

• PTR is important and it doesn’t matter all that much you won’t be there to try it out. The testing is done for the dev. And I know this is a small server in comparison to retail of any mmo but deployment is not easy.

• @ImBadGuy
    Lmao do you think they gonna listen?
    They don’t give a crap about our opinion.

• thats thrue… and still i cant play coz the life server is dead for me, i realy hate to play on something old, so now i need wait 1 more month

• Community Manager

@Iwayama said in Release now!:

@ImBadGuy
    Lmao do you think they gonna listen?
    They don’t give a crap about our opinion.

I’m sorry to hear that this is the opinion that you have formed about us.

Regardless if you wish to believe me or not, we do very much care about what you guys and gals think about the state of the project, and any changes we make.
    After all, it is directly counter-intuitive and senseless of us to make decisions without taking the community into consideration in most cases.

That being said, the few cases where we do need to make changes which you may disagree with, we do such based on data and statistics not publicly available which will come to have a long-term impact that might not be immediately visible as a player.

I will not deny that we have made mistakes, and that there are several situations which we could have handled better, but we never had, and never will do such with a malicious intent.

I can guarantee you that I, nor the rest of the team would like to spend the first hours of their morning sorting through dozens upon dozens of derogatory slurs, death threats and upset messages from players who have quit the gave over disagreeing how we have handled certain situations, but it is a reality nonetheless.

It is just as discouraging and painful for us when we have to delay something which we promised to deliver at a certain date, as it is for you to be on the receiving end of.

If you are willing to stick with us despite these mishaps, I thank you, we’re not there yet, but we are aiming to do better.

• @Vermillion but what about the “Release now” ?

• Community Manager

@ImBadGuy said in Release now!:

@Vermillion
    “We would love to hear your thoughts regarding these upcoming changes, so do not hesitate in creating topics related to the matter if you have any questions or thoughts regarding it!”

I doubt that the server will ever be 100% ready, so I propose to release the remaster live on the day you want to release PTR. We’ve been waiting and working for a long time, we don’t need another 2-3 weeks promises. I imagine the server client is not full ready yet but it won’t take long on an open server to live.

There is a poll to see what community want :)
    https://www.strawpoll.me/18542928

@darkkpie said in Release now!:

@Vermillion but what about the “Release now” ?

I understand your reasoning for wanting us to get this out to the live servers ASAP, allow me to explain our reasoning for not releasing them simultaneously.

First and foremost, we are testing an immense amount of brand new systems, many of which are not present anywhere else, much less so on other private servers, an example of this is the entirely rewritten networking engine. We are not narcissistic enough to believe that everything will be smooth sailing, which is why we need the buffer of time between the PTR and Live to sort out any issues which may arise.

Aside from the overhauled networking engine, we have also written the “Central Market” from scratch. The only thing we share with retail in that regard is the actual user interface. The back-end had to be written from the ground up with little to no documentation available on how exactly it functions.

So we had to do all of this research, and write the mathematical formulas needed to calculate the various new variables introduced with the Central Market ourselves, which means that there might have been aspects which we have overlooked due to the complexity of this new feature. The Central Market is an entirely different beast from the old marketplace which means that it could be prone to breaking in unforeseen manners which we would like to catch prior to the live release.

In addition to this, we are also using brand new world data which may result in unforeseen behaviour from mobs/npcs/resources that we have previously missed.

Not to mention moving to a client built upon a very different architecture in comparison to our old one.

It wouldn’t be much fun if we had to rollback progress due to exploits which could have been caught during the PTR.
    In this case it is better for us to be safe than sorry.

• Great reply @Vermillion. I think that’s what you guys should’ve told us in Development Corner subforum.

• Community Manager

@darkkpie said in Release now!:

Great reply @Vermillion. I think that’s what you guys should’ve told us in Development Corner subforum.

Right, I agree with you there!

I’ll get something up in that category soon, we did not wish to delay the newsletter any further than absolutely necessary which is why that category is rather barren at the moment.

It’ll start filling up soon enough! ;)

• Community Manager

@Edgy4Me Oops I believe that I accidentally removed your last message when attempting to reply to it, my bad sorry!

Now to actually answer your question, I’m not sure if they are implemented yet or not, give me a moment and I’ll take a look.

• @Vermillion haha not problem i was gonna also go backt o the topic of people threathening u and insulting you and in not means thats ok and i hope u guys just continue to ignore them, if i ether insulted some one that wasn’t my intention with my shit posting i have done however i wanted to bring one thing up. Why didn’t u just let us know that the newsletter was gonna get delayed by 1 2 days, yes people hate delays but Im pretty sure many of us would rather have a true in the face anwser even tho its not what we want then just feel completly ignored. I think people are just getting sick of the silence you guys go into sometimes.
    back to the topic. some would rather play with the bugs and rollbacks and acc have and expirience the content then possibly having other delay until u guys fix the bugs but i understand that thas not realistic.

• @Edgy4Me Good question. I do think that Verm now is doing god’s work with his replies really but it could be done earlier I think. Also please we are adults who cares about insults :p

• Community Manager

@Edgy4Me said in Release now!:

@Vermillion haha not problem i was gonna also go backt o the topic of people threathening u and insulting you and in not means thats ok and i hope u guys just continue to ignore them, if i ether insulted some one that wasn’t my intention with my shit posting i have done however i wanted to bring one thing up. Why didn’t u just let us know that the newsletter was gonna get delayed by 1 2 days, yes people hate delays but Im pretty sure many of us would rather have a true in the face anwser even tho its not what we want then just feel completly ignored. I think people are just getting sick of the silence you guys go into sometimes.
    back to the topic. some would rather play with the bugs and rollbacks and acc have and expirience the content then possibly having other delay until u guys fix the bugs but i understand that thas not realistic.

If we had the foresight that it would be delayed as long as it was, we would absolutely have reached out to let you guys and gals know what was going on behind the scene.

Unfortunately we got too caught up in rescheduling the release dates so that we could get the announcement out there as fast as possible, that we in the process of doing such did not consider that option. To sum it up, a mix of stress and lack of sleep considering that most of us were up until late in the morning to get this out affected our clarity on the matter.

We’ll do our best moving forwards to be more clear regarding these things.

• @Vermillion can u guys just release the content. literally the server is fucking dead.

• @Vermillion @Xena
    As a person who started this topic I read enough to not even comment on it but unfortunately I have to ask something else. Why do you want to wait another week to open PTR when you have PTR already open for selected people for several weeks ??

ps. strawpoll get invade by bots, i dont know who did this but last time i checked most of community (26 to 5) was voting for Release of an underdeveloped server on the 1.09.2019

After a night results totally change and now we have (51 to 35) for
    Release the server fully developed in a few weeks. (mayby 18.09.2019)

Change my mind!

• about 15 hours ago